- I was not married, and didn't have 2 beautiful boys yet.
- I was thinking about marrying Jack Johnson at that time (my roommate thought we would totally mesh well)...but luckily I found JGP (another Hawaii surfer man) before I did anything too rash.
- I was working at a completely awesome dream job taking groups on guided hikes of the parks and natural spaces throughout the city.
- I weighed less.
- I am having a hard time even remembering life b.h. (before husband)...I guess none of it really mattered--to quote a profound lecture (6 years prior) given by CHEMT "I have done some pretty amazing things, but none of it really mattered...my life never really began until I met Heather"/[Jeremy] (in my case). true true.
- Visit teaching...(hey Tan, I didn't know you were vt'ing today...we could have coordinated our lessons)
- Babysit two more kidos for a friend (but they were all sick so the mom didn't need me today).
- Mail a letter.
- Go to Linen's N Things and buy the (very last) apple peeler corer slicer...that was a close one...I have been waiting for it to go on sale for 20% instead of just 10%...I almost missed the boat...phew!!! (Just in time, crazy me ordered 80 more lbs of apples)
- Cut Chaim's hairs.
- Apple crisp lately (see above "5 years ago..." #4).
- Chocolate and mint (the divine combination).
- Anything avec cheese.
5 Places I've lived...
- He Ho Ha.
- Milford, Utah; Dinosaur, Colorado; Fort Collin's, Colorado. (all in the same summer). In a tent, a camp trailer, a mobile home and a house (not necessarily respectively, but always respectably).
- Victoria, BC & Edmonton, AB (schooled years)....Then to the Great Bear Rainforest for a short study trist.
- Toefeild, AB (in a cabin with no running water or electricity for 4 months, and a lovely outhouse with only 3 pony walls...perfect for birdwatching (if you know what I mean).
- Haines Junction, Yukon.
5 jobs I have had...
- Camp Councilor.
- Field Research Assistant (studying the effects of the sylvatic plaque on small mammals).
- Field Research Assistant (Great Bear Rainforest...bear observations and collecting plant samples for N15 isotope testing).
- Bird Bander.
- College Instructor (Mount Royal Biology Lab Instructor).
5 Things I would do if I had a million dollars...
if I had a million dollars...
- Have my boat (catamaran) custom built for me (I tried buying the blueprints to my dream boat (~5 years ago actually), when an old skipper of mine was selling his own cat that he built (for $189,000)...he sold it to some dutch guy...and I couldn't even afford the blueprints at the time...ohh well, someday...I already have the name of my boat and everything...I just gotta get those blueprints (maybe JTB can build it for me after he does our kitchen).
- Get a nice spot of land and build multiple houses on it...so my family could always live close.
- I don't even think I really want to travel much anymore...I just want to build a house and stay home all day long.
It is honestly hard to even imagine.
5 people I tag...
I don't even know if there are even 5 people that read this blog...and if there are, I don't even know if they are the taggedy types...but in the spirit of tags (don't feel obligated by any means...sudden death or 7 years of bad luck WILL NOT follow if you choose to ignore this tag)...
- wow, kinda struggling here to think of anyone else...I really can't think of anyone...
- There is always Jewel or/and Chad (but I doubt they are the taggedy-types).
I don't think my blog gets the traffic that is required for these things to perpetuate.
Anyways, I always wish I had some clever way to end these things...kinda like Paul Harvey--"And Now You Know... The Rest of the Story!" It just makes you feel like you really learned something valuable here...even if you didn't.
...AND NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY