Wednesday, November 28, 2007

J. G. P.

What is your husband's name: Jeremy.
How long have you been married: almost 3 years.
How long did you date before you got married: 5 months from dating to marriage.
Who eats more: Who thinks of these questions? Is this really relevant? Next question please.
Who said I love you first: J.G.P.
Who sings better: I sing more often...does that count?
Who is smarter: Jeremy.
Whose temper is worse: Me.
Who does the laundry: Me.
Who does the dishes: Jeremy.

I am just going to fast forward a bit.....
Where was your first date: At my house games and maybe even Scrabble before the New Year's Dance. I think he cheated because he totally wasted me in Scrabble.

Where did you get engaged: Well, I gave Jeremy the ring to give to me months and months in advance with the expectation that he could present it to me with a proposal when he was ready or he would have to give it back to me if he determined he just wasn't that into me. Though this wasn't an official proposal I definitely think it helped to get the ball rolling a little. He chose the first scenario. It was a bright, yet snowy Sunday and he planned a picnic for after church. We drove out to Brag Creek, found a wooded area and took a stroll through the trees. Then we drove around some more, spotted a hill that we suspected had a gorgeous view, and hauled a card table with two chairs up the snowy hill. Jeremy sent me back to the car to get something and when I returned he had set up an elaborately fancy spread, a delicious multi course meal with real glassware...I had never picnicked like this before. After we had finished he pulled out a couple of board games Scrabble and Battleship and asked me to choose. Well I wasn't thrilled about Scrabble since my last defeat so I picked Battleship...which was a wise decision as I blew him out of the water. Afterward he asked if I wanted to try my hand at Scrabble again, but wanting to end things on a victorious note I declined...To which he looked somewhat disappointed. Well, knowing a thing or two about men's egos I decided I would be a sport, play Scrabble and probably let him win again. He handed me the box and as I opened it a few of the letter chips spilled out. How sloppy I thought...who puts SCRABBLE away like that. Well as I opened the board Jeremy slipped off his chair and got down on one knee in the snow...I was a bit confused at first and then noticed the spelling on the board (he had glued down the scrabble pieces) which looked something like this.
_________C
_________R
_________Y
_________S
_________T
_________A
______WILL
__________YOU
_____________ME
_____________A
_____________R
_____________R
_____________Y

Obviously he completely ignored the rules of the game and cheated again, but I let him win anyway.

Where were you married: Cardston Temple.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal I check out your blog daily. Awesome info on Jeremy. How romantic.

    ReplyDelete